Five Ways to Stay Motivated
Written by Nichole DeHart
It has been 4 weeks since the start of the Challenge and I am already hearing some incredible testimonials from many of our Slim for the Chimney contestants! You have all started off with a great bang in your commitment to health and have been on a forward roll. It is important to keep that forward momentum the next few weeks to ensure you get the most out of this 8-week challenge. You have already done the hardest part, which is to make a public declaration of your resolution. Studies have shown that those who make public their desired goals are 10 times more likely to achieve that goal. Now, it is important to keep that initial motivation alive and strong! Here are a few key points to help you do just that.
1. Review your goals. Go back to the goals you initially set and make sure you are on track to meet them. This is a nice way to assess where you are in achieving your goal and if you need to make any changes to ensure you reach your goal. If you are on track with your goals, then even more motivation to continue what you are doing!
2. Measure your progress. I don’t mean get on the scale when I say to measure your progress. The scale can be very deceptive and not tell the truth about all the changes your body is making. Instead, measure your progress in other areas. Take a look at just a few areas that you could already be seeing improvements in:
• Sleep quality
• Energy levels are higher throughout the day
• Reduction in stress levels
• Clearer skin (fewer rashes, acne, etc…)
• Leaner appearance
• Less bloating
• Less swollen
• Reduced allergies
• Fewer mood swings
3. Keep it interesting! Try new recipes to keep your taste buds excited about trying new, clean meals. One of my favorite cookbooks is from our very own Michele Vieux, Roaming The Globe. Her cookbook has recipes that are not only delicious, but really simple to make (both things are a must when I am trying a new recipe). You can download a copy of her cookbook here: http://www.roamingtheglobepaleo.com/.
Read More @ Invictus BlogRegister for this Class
New to CrossFit? Learn more & join us for a Free Calgary CrossFit Class today.